[Python-Dev] Ordering keyword dicts

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon May 20 14:30:22 CEST 2013

Hi all,

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that raymonds proposal would make dicts and ordereddicts almost
> exactly the same speed.

Just checking: in view of Raymond's proposal, is there a good reason
against  having all dicts be systematically ordered?  It would
definitely improve the debugging experience, by making multiple runs
of the same program more like each other, instead of depending on the
random address-based ordering.  (Performance-wise, I guess it might be
a little bit slower or faster depending on cache issues and so on, but
the emphasis I'd put is on the "little bit".)

I apologize if this was already shot down.

A bientôt,

Armin.