[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython (2.7): Issue #XXXXX: Fix test_idle so that idlelib test cases are actually run

Zachary Ware zachary.ware at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 07:09:37 CET 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 11/3/2013 11:48 PM, terry.reedy wrote:
>>
>> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/cced7981ec4d
>> changeset:   86908:cced7981ec4d
>> branch:      2.7
>> user:        Terry Jan Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
>> date:        Sun Nov 03 23:37:54 2013 -0500
>> summary:
>>    Issue #XXXXX: Fix test_idle so that idlelib test cases are actually run
>> under test.regrtest on 2.7.
>

> This message is the one included with the patch by Ned Daily. Because a
> message *was* included (not normal), hg import committed the patch
> immediately, without giving me a chance to edit the patch or message. As far
> as I know, there is no way I could have edited the message after the commit.
> If there was, let me know.

hg commit has an "--amend" option that allows you to change the last
(un-pushed) commit.  Even if there aren't actually any changes to be
committed, it will pop up a text editor with the commit message of the
last commit already filled in, allowing you to change the message.
Any time you `hg commit --amend`, it saves the original commit locally
as a bundle in the .hg dir, so you can restore it if need be.

I haven't tested it, but from a quick look at TortoiseHg Workbench's
Commit screen, it looks like --amend can be done from the down arrow
on the commit button, "Amend current revision".

--
Zach