[Python-Dev] [Infrastructure] bugs.python.org not reachable in IPv6?

Benjamin Peterson benjamin at python.org
Mon Nov 4 16:10:26 CET 2013

2013/11/4 M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com>:
> On 04.11.2013 11:01, Victor Stinner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> bugs.python.org is still not responding on IPv6. Can someone please
>> remove the AAAA record from python.org DNS, or fix the IPv6
>> configuration?
>>
>> It's an issue on my PC because my PC has IPv6 address and so it cannot
>> reach bugs.python.org. wget is really slow because it tries first
>> IPv6, but then falls back to IPv4. Firefox tries first IPv4 and so
>> doesn't have the issue.
>
> The infrastructure team cannot do anything about this, since
> the tracker is hosted by Upfront Systems.

But the PSF controls the DNS, no?

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
python.org.             2396    IN      NS      ns2.p11.dynect.net.
python.org.             2396    IN      NS      ns3.p11.dynect.net.
python.org.             2396    IN      NS      ns1.p11.dynect.net.
python.org.             2396    IN      NS      ns4.p11.dynect.net.

--
Regards,
Benjamin