[Python-Dev] The pysandbox project is broken

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 00:58:42 CET 2013

2013/11/13 Josiah Carlson <josiah.carlson at gmail.com>:
> Python-dev is for the development of the Python core language, the CPython
> runtime, and libraries. Your sandbox, despite using and requiring deep
> knowledge of the runtime, is not developing those things. If you had a
> series of requests for the language or runtime that would make your job
> easier, then your thread would be on-topic.

My initial goal was to put pysandbox directly into CPython when it
would be considered safe and stable.

The PEP 416 (frozendict) was a first step in this direction, but the
PEP was rejected.

I now gave up on sandboxing Python. I just would like to warn other
core developers that trying to put a sandbox in Python is not a good
idea :-)

Victor