[Python-Dev] PEP 0404 and VS 2010

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Nov 21 10:19:27 CET 2013

I'd like to add here that at PyCon 2011 (if memory serves me right) I got a verbal
agreement from many of you that there would be no objection to me creating
an _unofficial_ "2.8" fork of python.  It could even be hosted on hg.python.org.
I forget if we decided on a name for it, but I remember advocating it as "Python classic."

For reasons of work and others, I never got round to creating that branch but
recently Stackless development has picked up the pace to the point where we
feel it necessary to break with strict 2.7 conformance.

Cheers,

Kristján