[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0b1

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Nov 25 00:14:28 CET 2013

In article <529276F0.3040105 at hastings.org>,
 Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
> On behalf of the Python development team, it's my privilege to announce
> the first beta release of Python 3.4.
>
> This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended for
> production settings.

Note to users of the python.org Mac OS X binary installers: if you have
installed earlier preview releases of Python 3.4, be aware that the
batteries-included built-in Tcl/Tk library support introduced in 3.4.0a2 has
been reverted in 3.4.0b1 because it was found to break some third-party
packages.  As is the case with earlier releases of Python, if you use the
python.org 64-bit installer for OS X, you will again need to have a compatible
third-party copy of Tcl/Tk 8.5 installed, such as ActiveTcl 8.5.15.1, to avoid
the problematic system versions shipped in OS X 10.6+.  See
http://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/ for more information.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org