[Python-Dev] PEP 428 - pathlib API questions

Ben Hoyt benhoyt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 00:42:08 CET 2013

> Using "**" for directory spanning globs is also another case of us borrowing
> a reasonably common idiom from *nix systems that may not be familiar to
> Windows users.

Okay, *nix wins then. :-) Python's stdlib is already fairly
*nix-oriented (even when it's being cross-platform), so I guess it's
not a big deal.

My only remaining concern then is that there shouldn't be more than
one way to do recursive globbing in a new API like this. Why does
rglob() exist when the documentation simply says "like calling glob()
but with '**' added in front of the pattern"?

http://docs.python.org/dev/library/pathlib.html#pathlib.Path.rglob

-Ben