[Python-Dev] py.ini documentation improvement

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Nov 29 00:59:14 CET 2013

On 11/28/2013 5:35 PM, martin at v.loewis.de wrote:

> Quoting Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>:
>
>> 'Two .ini files will be searched by the launcher' sort of implies to
>> me that the files exist. On my Win7 machine, echo %LOCALAPPDATA%
>> returns C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Local. If I go to Users/Terry with
>> Explorer, there is no AppData. (Same with admin user.)

I initially intended to write "there is no AppData *visible*". Then I
switched to my win7 admin account and there was still no AppData
visible, for any user. This is unlike with XP where things not visible
to 'users' become visible as admin.

> What happens if you type "%LOCALAPPDATA%"
> (without quotes) into the explorer's address bar?

It displays C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Local on the bar and the contents in
the box below. The py.ini doc might mention this as a way to get there.
Thanks.

--
Terry Jan Reedy