[Python-Dev] py.ini documentation improvement

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 03:38:23 CET 2013

On 29 November 2013 12:27, Tim Delaney <timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 November 2013 13:17, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/28/2013 7:06 PM, Tim Delaney wrote:
>>
>>> By default in Win7 AppData is a hidden folder - you need to go to  Tools
>>

>> On my system, that is Control Panel, not Tools.
>

> Sorry - was referring to the Explorer "Tools" menu, which is likewise hidden
> by default ... so many things that I change from the defaults when setting
> up a Windows machine - it's become so automatic that I forget what is hidden
> from most users.

Turning my Windows gaming machine back to the default settings and
trying to bootstrap pip was one of the key things that got me
motivated to work on PEP 453. It still astounds me that one company
can both create Visual Studio, *and* make it difficult to configure a
machine to be suitable for software development, but I guess that's
enterprise companies for you :)

Cheers,
Nick.