[Python-Dev] PEP process entry point and ill fated initiatives

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Nov 29 21:16:42 CET 2013

On 29.11.2013 16:25, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
>>> How about acknowledging that these waters are dark and murky and help
>>> making things better?
>>
>> Well, how about? If Anatoly has a concrete proposal, surely he can propose a
>> patch to make things better.
>
> Which is what  he did.  And instead of helpful ideas on how to improve his patch,
> the issue is closed.  The acolytes have spoken.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same issue item. Anatoly did
not present a patch which could have been improved:

http://bugs.python.org/issue19822

Anatoly refuses to sign the Python CLA, so it's not surprising that he
didn't provide a patch.

His only contribution was a step-by-step process he put in the ticket
description which doesn't represent the PEP process. Christian pointed
him to the correct process, but he unfortunately just ignored this.

I'm afraid there's nothing much we can do to make ends meet.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 29 2013)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/