[Python-Dev] PEP 455: TransformDict

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 01:41:33 CEST 2013

On Oct 4, 2013, at 2:14 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> I think "usability tests" should be conducted on people who actually
> have a need for the API. Otherwise they simply don't make sense: if you
> don't need an API, then you don't have to learn / understand it either.

You're right.  Students don't make the best test subjects.
It might be nice to present this at a Python meet-up or somesuch.
Or some people on this list can present it at work to see how
their colleagues do with it.

Also, it might be nice to get feedback from existing users of
IdentityDicts or CaseInsensitiveDicts to see if they are bothered
by the implementation having two underlying dictionaries.

Raymond