[Python-Dev] PEP 451: ModuleSpec

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Oct 5 09:25:25 CEST 2013

Eric Snow, 05.10.2013 07:18:
> After a few rounds on import-sig PEP 451 is really for general
> consumption.  I also have a patch up now.
>
> HTML: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0451/
> implementation: http://bugs.python.org/issue18864

Thanks, I'm happy that this is moving forward.

> Your comments would be appreciated.

As a quick remark, reading the word "name" made me think a couple of times
whether it's the simple name of the module or the fully qualified name. I
think it's the FQMN in pretty much all cases, but it would be good to make
that clear, maybe by stating it somewhere near the beginning of the PEP
(and then doing a quick search+reread to make sure it's really the case
throughout the document).

Stefan