[Python-Dev] project culture: take responsibility for your commits

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Oct 6 01:02:49 CEST 2013

Ethan,

I take your three points and apologise for not making it a pleasant
experience for any of us.

Regarding the rest:

Ethan Furman, 04.10.2013 16:30:
> starting a trouble ticket with accusations

... and, in fact, I didn't.

> that something was snuck in and done behind peoples' backs

Sorry for the snotty comment, but at least I explicitly wrapped this in
"<rant>...</rant>" to indicate that I wasn't entirely serious about it.

> offensive, as are continual accusations that those you are working with
> simply don't understand.
> Add to that constant complaints about writing patches yourself...

1) I was far from being the one who *wanted* the feature in question, but

2) I actually contributed 5 patches over the course of the ticket, none of
which was really commented on. That's certainly not a very pleasant
experience, nor an indication that people *do* understand.

At least, that's my side of the story.

Stefan