[Python-Dev] Wildcard mask and ANY IP

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Oct 6 17:58:01 CEST 2013

Amer writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I would like to thank you for your great effort
 > I have this question:
 >
 > I want to do the following IP address style in python
 >
 > ANY.45.10.ANY
 > ANY.x.y.z

This list is for developing the Python language itself (including the
CPython interpreter and the standard library of modules).  This kind
of question is better addressed to python-list at python.org (also
accessible from netnews as the comp.lang.python group).

Before you post again to an appropriate channel, your question cannot
be given a useful answer as it stands.  You need to include the code
you are using to parse the addresses, and perhaps some idea of what
kind of application you are writing.