[Python-Dev] Fwd: Reduce memory footprint of Python

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 00:13:49 CEST 2013

forwarding to the list , sorry ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 17:09:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Reduce memory footprint of Python
To: Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>

On 10/6/13, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> 2013/10/6 Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>:

>>> What is the usecase for minimizing the memory usage of Python in the
>>> middle of a program?
>>
>> If you know that your application uses a lot of memory, it is
>> interesting to sometimes (when the application is idle) try to release
>> some bytes to not use all the system memory. On embedded devices,
>> memory is expensive and very limited. Each byte is important :-)
>
> How many embedded systems are running Python?

<ot>
I know of a few of them, and it seems they will be more popular with
the growing interest for devices like Raspberry Pi and technologies
like 3D printing e.g. http://raspberry-python.blogspot.com/
</ot>

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache™ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Popularidad de Python, septiembre 2013 -
http://goo.gl/fb/tr0XB