[Python-Dev] Python startup time

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Wed Oct 9 16:30:12 CEST 2013

Am 09.10.2013 14:54, schrieb Christian Heimes:
> Am 09.10.2013 14:39, schrieb Benjamin Peterson:
>> There's also the increasing number of modules (Python or otherwise)
>> that have to be loaded on startup.

We can easily peel off about 11 modules (re, sysconfig and their
dependencies) with some changes to site.py:

  http://bugs.python.org/issue19205

Another low hanging fruit is the copyreg module:

  http://bugs.python.org/issue19209

The os module imports MutableMapping from collections.abc. That import
adds collections, collections.abc and eight more modules. I'm not sure
if we can do anything about it, though.

Christian