[Python-Dev] Support keyword in PEP URL?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 03:13:46 CEST 2013

2013/10/12 Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us>:
>> What do you propose in cases like this? Should the keyword always refer
>> to the same PEP it did in the past, even when that PEP is no longer as
>> relevant given later PEPs? Or should the keyword reach a different,
>> newer PEP if that newer PEP becomes a “more relevant” PEP for the
>> keyword?
>
> Heh, that was the same example I was going to use.  :)
>
> Another question:  if the later PEP gets the appropriate name, what name
> then gets applied to the older one(s)?

As I wrote in my first message, if changing identifier for draft PEP
is an issue, an option is to only add a textual identifier to accepted
PEPs.

> For than matter, what names would you give to the myriad unicode peps?

Let me try to name PEPs related to Unicode:

100: unicode_integration
261: unicode_ucs4
277: windows_unicode_filenames (hum, I proposed a limit of 20
characters, this name is 25 characters long)
383: surrogateescape
393: compact_unicode
414: u_prefix_py33

These names are just propositions. They should be discussed :-)

(they are probably much more PEPs related to Unicode :-))

Victor