[Python-Dev] GC pauses in CPython

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:22:55 CEST 2013

Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall <at> gmail.com> writes:

> HI
>
> I'm working on an incremental GC for PyPy. How do I measure GC pauses
> in CPython? (that is, the circular reference searching stuff)
>
> Cheers,
> fijal

For what it's worth I threw together some code that might be helpful:
http://bpaste.net/show/140334/ if someone was interested it might be a cool
idea to properly organize this up and find a place to expose VM statistics like
this. It'd also probably useful to use sane units, and maybe (it's unclear to
me) exclude some amount of finalizations (Ideally I think you'd ignore use
__del__ functions, but keep the bits of C code that decref other things and
actually call free()).

Alex