[Python-Dev] cpython: Rename contextlib.ignored() to contextlib.ignore().

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Oct 15 00:51:42 CEST 2013

On Oct 12, 2013, at 03:27 PM, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

>The module maintainer (Nick) approved the name change from his original
>preference for ignored().  That should had been the end of it.

As a general plea, please be sure to record the rationale and decisions in the
appropriate place, such as the tracker and/or commit message.  I think it's
fine for such minor decisions to be made in high bandwidth forums such as IRC,
it's also incumbent on the participants to be mindful of the larger community
of core developers and users.  Not doing so makes our process less
transparent, puts legitimacy at risk, and alienates users and developers who
may not be privileged to those out-of-band discussions.

Cheers,
-Barry