[Python-Dev] Checking in Argument Clinic early?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Tue Oct 15 16:20:34 CEST 2013

On 10/15/2013 02:59 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Le Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:55:47 +0100,
> Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> a écrit :
>> You can review the existing code here:
>>
>>      https://bitbucket.org/larry/python-clinic/
> You didn't create it as a (Bitbucket) fork of CPython, and you didn't
> put your changes in a separate branch, so this repo is a bit useless to
> review the changes :-/

Thanks for at least trying!  It is a fork of CPython, but yeah I didn't
use Bitbucket's UI to create it.

If you want to struggle through it by hand, read clinic.py (obviously),
and then search for the string "clinic" in these files:

    Modules/_cursesmodule.c
    Modules/_datetimemodule.c
    Modules/_dbmmodule.c
    Modules/posixmodule.c
    Modules/unicodedata.c
    Modules/_weakref.c
    Modules/zlibmodule.c
    Objects/dictobject.c
    Objects/unicodeobject.c

Can you suggest how I could make it easier for you to review?  I'd be
happy to make an issue for it, which I probably should do anyway (if
there isn't already one).

> Is clinic.py automatically invoked by the build chain? (i.e. Makefile)

Not at the moment.  I'm a neophyte when it comes to moderne
sophisticated Makefile munging.  There's also a chicken-and-egg problem
there.

//arry/