[Python-Dev] Offtopic: OpenID Providers

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Sep 5 21:52:29 CEST 2013

> I think Persona is just too new to see it around much yet.  Or maybe Mozilla
> needs better PR.

The Persona site touts: "Signing in using Persona requires only a
valid email address; allowing you to provide personal information on
as-needed basis, when and where you think it’s appropriate."

They clearly need a better example site. They chose something called
Voost. Sure enough, all I needed to enter was my Gmail address. That
got me signed in, but then Voost asked me for a bunch of other
personal information (name, gender, birthdate, etc), and wouldn't let
me go any farther without that. :-/

Skip