[Python-Dev] IOCP (I/O Completion Port) in Python ?

Richard Oudkerk shibturn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:09:30 CEST 2013

On 10/09/2013 11:58am, 张佩佩 wrote:
> Hello:
> 	I wondering why there is no standard IOCP module in Python ?
> As I know: Python3 have support epoll in linux and kqueue in freebsd.
> Is there a plan to add IOCP module for Windows ?

_winapi does have some undocumented support for IOCP (used only by
multiprocessing), but the APIs are not very nice and should not be
considered stable.

(Also _winapi.ReadFile(), _winapi.WriteFile() only support pipes or
sockets, not disk-based files where you also have to control file-position.)

--
Richard