[Python-Dev] Add a "transformdict" to collections

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Sep 11 16:32:23 CEST 2013

Le Wed, 11 Sep 2013 22:50:08 +0900,
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> a écrit :
> Antoine Pitrou writes:
>
>  > ExitStack was quite a new thing, API-wise. The proposal here is to
>  > generalize something which already exists in various forms all
>  > over the Internet, and respecting a well-known API, MutableMapping.
>
> What Nick said was "I was too close to the design, and time and a very
> few good comments greatly improved the product."  That's worth
> considering as generic advice rather than for the specifics of the
> case he faced compared to yours.

"Time and comments" is why I'm posting a discussion thread here and
waiting for responses. There are currently 34517 packages on PyPI. A new
34518th one won't magically get a lot of attention :-)

(for example, I got very few comments when posting pathlib on PyPI -
despite making several actual releases there -, compared to what I got
from the PEP 428 discussion on python-ideas)

Regards

Antoine.