[Python-Dev] PEP 455: TransformDict

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Sat Sep 14 03:00:18 CEST 2013

On 09/13/2013 05:49 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> +1 on __transform__ method on dicts.

What would __transform__ do?  Just canonicalize the key, or also save the original key?  How much front-end work will
each user have to do to actually use this new magic method to good effect?

Personally, if there's a bunch of push-back against just adding TransformDict directly, why don't we make it
provisional?  I thought that was what provisional was for (meaning: we're going to add it, PyPI is not really
appropriate, there may be some API changes).

--
~Ethan~