[Python-Dev] PEP 455: TransformDict

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 21:07:50 CEST 2013

14.09.13 20:41, Antoine Pitrou написав(ла):
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 09:43:13 -0700
> Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>> Still, I think it would be useful to expose the transform function.
>> Any good reason not to?
>
> No good reason. What's the name? transform_func?

There is one reason -- serialization. For example pickle saves the
transform function as an argument for TransformDict constructor. Repr
exposes the transform function too (in evaluable representation). Other
serializers need the transform function too. My implementations expose
it as public property (transform), your -- as private attribute
(_transform).

Or perhaps I misunderstood you?