[Python-Dev] PEP 455: TransformDict

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Sep 14 22:36:09 CEST 2013

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 12:31:36 -0700
Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net>wrote:
>
> > Following the python-dev discussion, I've written a PEP to recap the
> > proposal and the various arguments. It's inlined below, and it will
> > probably appear soon at http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0455/, too.
> >

> Thanks, Antoine!
>
> Raymond Hettinger has volunteered to be the PEP dictator (is that the word
> we use?) for this PEP.

The discussion has settled down for the most part, and there is a
consensus amongst participants on the desireability of the feature and
its characteristics.  The implementation is straightforward pure Python
(Serhiy's C proposal should probably be a separate enhancement request
on the tracker).  I think the proposal will soon be ready for a
pronouncement - unless other concrete questions and suggestions are
recorded.

Thanks

Antoine.