[Python-Dev] Compiler for the Mac OS X version of Python 3.4

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 18 17:04:45 CEST 2013

As a MacBook Pro user running Snow Leopard/10.6.8, I would find the
lack of a binary release problematic, were it not for the fact that I
routinely build from source (and don't do anything Mac-specific with
Python). For those not familiar with the platform, it's perhaps worth
noting that upgrade is out of my hands. Apple dropped support for my
"ancient" MBP (2006?), so 10.6.8 is as up-to-date as I can get. I
guess that's what you expect from a company whose main revenues these
days come from cell phones and tablets, and addition of pastels to
their color pallet warrants announcement in a TV commercial.

I suspect other Mac users stuck on Snow Leopard who are not Python
developers would rue the lack of binary installers more than me.

Skip