[Python-Dev] Use an empty def as a lambda

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Sep 20 02:27:07 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 01:54:08PM -0700, Ben Gift wrote:
> I think the lambda keyword is difficult to understand for many people. It
> would be more pythonic to use an empty def call instead.

Hi Ben, and welcome! Is this your first post? I'm afraid I don't
recognise your name.

I think this discussion belongs on the python-ideas mailing list rather
than here. Proposals for changes to syntax and functionality are
normally expected to gather feedback on python-ideas before coming to
python-dev for final approval or rejection.

http://docs.python.org/devguide/communication.html

--
Steven