[Python-Dev] Best practice for documentation for std lib

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 09:58:42 CEST 2013

I don't like having to browse the source code to read the documentation. I
prefer short docstring and longer reST documentation. In ReST, you get a
table of content and nice links to functions, modules, etc.

When I read doc, I like having two levels: tutorial listing most important
functions and parameters with examples, and a full API doc.

Using reST, you can also use tables, notes, footnotes, etc.

Victor