[Python-Dev] Pyston: a Python JIT on LLVM

Kevin Modzelewski kmod at dropbox.com
Fri Apr 4 22:54:04 CEST 2014

Using optional type annotations is a really promising strategy and may
eventually be added to Pyston, but our primary target right now is
unmodified and untyped Python code.  I think there's room for both
approaches -- I think the "using type annotations to achieve near-native
performance" can be very useful ex. in a numerical computing context, but
might not apply as well to a "large web application" case.