[Python-Dev] Appeal for reviews

Janzert janzert at janzert.com
Sun Apr 13 14:12:50 CEST 2014

On 4/13/2014 2:36 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
[snip]
> My claim is that in current circumstances,
> core-mentorship would be a more *effective* channel because
>
>   - core-mentorship is *explicitly* for poking Those Who Can Help
>     (among other requests for help);
>
>   - a surprisingly large (to me, anyway :-) fraction of core committers
>     and people who may not be "core" but do a lot of mentoring for
>     central projects like IDLE do hang out there; and
>
>   - when reading core-mentorship their "mentor modes" will be engaged,
>     whereas on python-dev they will often be mostly interested in a
>     particular thread.

It saddens me that the core-mentorship list has grown into the primary
acceptable place to ask these getting into core development questions.
Any question answered there can never benefit the wider community since
it is kept a closed list for the specific purpose of keeping its
archives out of public view.

Janzert