[Python-Dev] Appeal for reviews

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Apr 13 21:36:39 CEST 2014

On 4/13/2014 2:46 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> As for the request "Are you sure that the patch is ready": this is
> *very* difficult to answer for the author. We all have experienced
> that patches that we considered good were critized out of nowhere,
> and I just did the same to Nikolaus. There is just no way to tell
> in advance whether people will approve a certain change or not, because
> people will apply other criteria than oneself.

What I suggested is that he make sure that the patch *appears* to be
ready, as far as he can tell, according to our *minimum* criteria -- and
that he so indicate. There is a big difference between a bare code patch
and a whitespace-tested code + test + doc + ack patch, with a news entry
suggested only in the text, if at all.

--
Terry Jan Reedy