[Python-Dev] Appeal for reviews

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 14 03:54:05 CEST 2014

"Martin v. Löwis" writes:
 > Am 13.04.14 08:36, schrieb Stephen J. Turnbull:

 > >  - core-mentorship is *explicitly* for poking Those Who Can Help
 > >    (among other requests for help);
 >
 > It would be worth an experiment. I know that I wouldn't have reviewed
 > Nikolaus' patches if he had posted to core-mentorship - I'm not a core
 > mentor.

I imagine there's useful data on this already available.  I'll go
look, in a week or two.

 > > I also suggested that some tweaks to the weekly issue report might
 > > help to catch the attention of those who can commit patches, but my
 > > ideas about that are still basically vaporware.
 >
 > Well, the code of the weekly reports is free software, contributions
 > are welcome :-)

XEmacs uses roundup, too, including (a now-obsolete version of) the
Python patches.  Time horizon is longer, but I may look into this too.

Note that what I have in mind also may require changes to the schema,
I believe (there needs to be a user control to mark the issue as
"commit requested", and I don't think a keyword would be appropriate).