[Python-Dev] Python "2migr8"

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Apr 14 22:39:33 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2014, at 3:53 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>
> > On 4/14/2014 11:32 AM, Steve Dower wrote:
> [...]
> >> However unfair
> >> and incorrect it may be, there is a perception in some businesses
> >> that open-source projects do not want contributions from them.
>
> > For PSF/CPython, this is so untrue that it looks to me like an excuse to
> take without giving back. This might be 'unfair and incorrect', but it is
> my perception.
>
> As someone who *has* given back, I can certainly understand why someone
> would feel that way. It often times *does* feel like CPython doesn’t want
> contributions.

Donald, your remark in itself sounds unnecessarily (and unproductively!)
passive-aggressive. What have we done wrong to you, and what can we do to
avoid making the same mistake in the future (to you, and to others)?

[PS. When I appeared to write "Pylon brain fry" earlier in this thread,
that was an unfortunate auto-correct for "PyCon brain fry". We need to get
"PyCon" into the dictionary...]

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)