[Python-Dev] Appeal for reviews

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 15 20:28:34 CEST 2014

On 4/15/2014 12:15 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I've always really liked MvL's 5-reviews-to-get-1 approach.

> The only thing I don't like about it[3] is that it puts an explicit
> price on core developer time ("my time is worth 5x as much as
> yours").

Not really true since any of the 5 could be one or two sentence comments
while his 1 might include committing, or a second review after revision.
Besides which, a person accepting the offer got to choose both the 5 to
review and the 1 to be reviewed. Choice has value.

> I fear that it may be a little off-putting.

Perhaps, but it is also attractive enough that there have been several
requests for someone to renew the offer, and no core developer currently
willing to make the offer (because giving up choice is a cost).

--
Terry Jan Reedy