[Python-Dev] PEP 469: Restoring the iterkeys/values/items() methods

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Sat Apr 19 19:16:54 CEST 2014

On Apr 19, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> I am also concerned about the dependency on Python 3.5 that we're building here. I'd much rather be able to use Twisted sooner, with 3.3 or at least 3.4.

Anyone who is planning on using the bytes modulo formatting is going to be 3.5+ anyways. It seems like trying to fit as many of these compatibility things as Python is willing to do into 3.5 is the best possible solution since it’s likely that for a lot of these hanger-ons 3.5 is likely to be a minimum target anyways.

Donald Stufft