[Python-Dev] ConfigParser mangles keys with special chars

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sun Apr 27 03:19:57 CEST 2014

On Apr 25, 2014, at 11:47 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>So I wonder whether the thought-to-be-buggy behavior is
>actually buggy with respect to *all* the supported styles or just some of them.

I can't how being able to write a file that isn't read back with the
same meaning could be anything but a bug (or missing feature).
Regardless of what ( lack of ) standard it is or isn't conforming to.

Also, if it is often used just to read ini files, then those uses
wouldn't be effected by more strictness on writing ...

But the way, last I checked elmentree had a similar problem -- it
would quite happily write invalid XML that it wouldn't read back in...

-Chris