[Python-Dev] https:bugs.python.org -- Untrusted Connection (Firefox)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Aug 21 18:29:55 CEST 2014

Am 21.08.14 17:44, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
> I've now raised this issue with the infrastructure team. The current
> hosting arrangements for bugs.python.org were put in place when the
> PSF didn't have any on-call system administrators of its own, but now
> that we do, it may be time to migrate that service to a location where
> we can switch to a more appropriate SSL certificate.

Just to relay Noah's response: it's actually not the hosting that
prevents installation of a proper certificate, it's the limitation
that the certificate we could deploy would include "python.org" as
a server name, which is considered risky regardless of where the
service is hosted. There are solutions to that as well, of course.

Regards,
Martin