[Python-Dev] Fwd: Accepting PEP 440: Version Identification and Dependency Specification

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 09:32:51 CEST 2014

Antoine pointed out that it would still be a good idea to forward
packaging PEP acceptance announcements to python-dev, even when the
actual acceptance happens on distutils-sig.

That makes sense to me, so here's last week's notice of the acceptance
of PEP 440, the implementation independent versioning standard derived
from pkg_resources, PEP 386, and ideas from both Linux distributions
and other open source language communities.

Regards,
Nick.