[Python-Dev] My thinking about the development process

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Dec 6 08:53:17 CET 2014

On 12/5/2014 3:04 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:

> 1. Contributor clones a repository from hg.python.org <http://hg.python.org>
> 2. Contributor makes desired changes
> 3. Contributor generates a patch
> 4. Contributor creates account on bugs.python.org
> <http://bugs.python.org> and signs the
>     [contributor
> agreement](https://www.python.org/psf/contrib/contrib-form/)

I would like to have the process of requesting and enforcing the signing
of CAs automated.

> 4. Contributor creates an issue on bugs.python.org
> <http://bugs.python.org> (if one does not already exist) and uploads a patch

I would like to have patches rejected, or at least held up, until a CA
is registered.  For this to work, a signed CA should be immediately
registered on the tracker, at least as 'pending'.  It now can take a
week or more to go through human processing.

--
Terry Jan Reedy