[Python-Dev] Access control for buildbot

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:49:37 CET 2014

On 11 December 2014 at 00:08, Trent Nelson <trent at trent.me> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2014, at 6:56 AM, jacob toft pedersen <jacob at luxion.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> I was visiting you buildbot page for inspiration and found that i apparently have the option to force stop/start all your builds without any access control.
>>
>> You may want to put something to enforce access control?
>>

> Nah, as far as I know, no-one has abused it, and it’s definitely useful when you need to legitimately use it.

There are controls on the permitted input for forced builds, and if
anyone starts being annoying with it, we have the option of just
disabling it entirely until we set up authentication for it.

Requiring authentication for the BuildBot triggers is likely an
improvement we should consider in the current infrastructure review
regardless, though.

Cheers,
Nick.