[Python-Dev] The docstring hack for signature information has to go

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Tue Feb 4 10:55:12 CET 2014

On 02/03/2014 12:55 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> I think the solution adopted should be future-oriented (ie, clean in
> the future) even if the cost is slight awkwardness in 3.3.

Just a minor point: I keep saying 3.3, but I kind of mean "3.2 through
3.3".  I believe the binary ABI shipped with 3.2.  However, in practice
I suspect there are few installations that

  * are still on 3.2, and
  * will ever use binary-ABI-clean third-party modules compiled against
    3.4+ that contain signatures.

//arry/