[Python-Dev] MSI installer won't install on WinXP-SP2 (was Re: [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1)

Bob Hanson d2mp1a9 at newsguy.com
Wed Feb 12 17:30:20 CET 2014

[32-bit Windows XP-SP2]

Python 3.4.0rc1's MSI installer won't install on my machine.

Error message (typed in from screenshot):

'''
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program
required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact
your support personnel or package vendor.
'''

I tried to install twice with the default options as well as once
with the pip option deselected -- all errored out with the above
message.

(And yes, I did delete the entire Python34 directory before
trying to install. :-) )

As I experienced trouble with Python 3.4.0b2's installer, not
sure if the problem is here or with the installer. (But b2 did
install and seem to be okay.)

Bob Hanson