[Python-Dev] CPython Google Summer of Code mentors needed: deadline is tomorrow

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 13 17:31:13 CET 2014

On 2/13/2014 11:08 AM, Jessica McKellar wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Terri Oda's original message to this list about CPython's participation
> in Google Summer of Code 2014 is at the end of this email.
>
> If you'd like to see CPython participate in Google Summer of Code 2014,
> we need*at least 2 people* to say they are interested in mentoring by
> the end of today, February 13th.
>
> *Are you interested in mentoring? Please speak up!*

> This is not a binding commitment; this is just a statement of interest.
> As a previous GSoC mentor, I'd say the time commitment is around 10
> hours / week per student, and this is best split across 2 mentors.

I am interested. Last summer I was unofficially a subject-matter
committer-review mentor for the two GSOC students who worked on Idle
tests. They were officially mentored by Todd Rovito, who handled
everything else. I can imagine doing something similar (Idle project,
with co-mentor) again.

--
Terry Jan Reedy