[Python-Dev] Python 3.4: Cherry-picking into rc2 and final

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Feb 19 18:13:09 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Agreed too. Python isn't developed in private.

That's a ridiculous accusation, bordering on malicious. Larry isn't
"developing Python in private". He is simply working on something that
he'll release when he feels comfortable releasing it.

> I don't think I understand the concern. Why is this different from any
> other mistake someone may make when pushing code?

Maybe because 1000s of people are apparently ready to micro-manage and
criticize Larry's work and waiting for him to screw up? Why are you trying
to tell Larry how to use his tools? Larry *volunteered* to be the release
manager and got widespread support when he did. If you don't trust him, go
fucking fork the release yourself.

> Also "rebase" is only really ok on private repos, as soon as something
> is published you should use "merge".

And that's exactly why Larry is holding off pushing.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)