[Python-Dev] python 3 niggle: None < 1 raises TypeError

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Feb 20 04:11:41 CET 2014

On 20/02/14 08:23, Glenn Linderman wrote:
> Of course it is not backwards compatible... but once all the "database related
> None usage" is switched to "Null usage" it should work the same as before,

My problem with this is that there is no clear distinction
between "database-related None usage" and None usage in general.

Data retrieved from a database is often passed to other code
that has nothing to do with databases, and data received from
other code is inserted into databases. Somewhere in between
someone is going to have to be careful to translate back and
forth between Nones and Nulls. This is a recipe for chaos.

--
Greg