[Python-Dev] Python 3.4: Cherry-picking into rc2 and final

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 20 23:37:08 CET 2014

Am 19.02.2014 22:18, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
> and the Ubuntu 14.04 deadline restricts our ability to add a 3rd rc.

well, I think it would be wrong to restrict that for only that reason.  I did
object to delay the release cycle a second time for completing a feature.  If
the release has to be delayed for QA reasons, that's a good reason. Having a
Debian background myself ;)

I'm fine to ship with a rc3 too, and update it post-release, after wading
through distribution bureaucracy ... but please don't use this as an example of
a distribution influencing an upstream.  There are "better" examples for this :-/


More information about the Python-Dev mailing list