[Python-Dev] Python 3.4: Cherry-picking into rc2 and final

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Fri Feb 21 10:38:23 CET 2014

Am 20.02.2014 02:24, schrieb Stephen J. Turnbull:
[ ... ]
> Sure, but it *doesn't* help in knowing which ones are *correctly*
> addressed.  These *are* ambitious changes; some of the remaining bugs
> may be very deep.  The obvious fixes may do more harm than good.  Ie,
> "more eyes" is (a) mostly a fallacy (as Heinlein put it, the wisdom of
> a group is less than or equal to the maximum of the wisdom of the
> members) and (b) in any case the "more eyes" effect is diluted if
> people are deliberately looking at different parts of the code.

All depends from the way, a group is organized, composed etc.
What might stiffle results in a group for example is hierarchy, resp. a fear to get chastised by the leader.

After all I'm not in position to make a guess here - but rather would expect much higher results by groups-coop than from most gifted single person among.