[Python-Dev] Third preview of 3.4.0rc2 is up

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Fri Feb 21 11:06:07 CET 2014

On 02/21/2014 01:30 AM, Ned Deily wrote:
> In article <53070A8A.8080101 at hastings.org>,
>   Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
>> As before you'll find the results here:
>>
>>      http://midwinter.com/~larry/3.4.status/
> Status says that:
>
> eef7899ea7ab Doc: do not rely on checked-out Sphinx toolchain from
> svn.python.org anymore
>
> is unmerged, which is what Georg and I agreed upon in Issue20661.  Yet,
> in the current python.3.4.2014.02.21.00.07.42.tgz tarball, that change
> appears to be present and, as such, causes installer builds to fail.

Whoopsie!  My local branch is actually correct.  But!  I effectively did
this in my automation:

    % hg clone 3.4 python-{time}
    % cd python-{time}
    % rm -rf .hg* .bzr* .git*
    % cd ..
    % tar cvfz python-{time}.tgz python-{time}

Can you spot the error?  That's right: when you clone, the clone always
starts out in "default".  So all the tarballs I've published so far have
been wrong.  ARGH.  Sorry!

I've added a "hg branch 3.4" in a judicious spot in my automation. The
resulting tarball doesn't have the sphinx toolchain change.

Look for a new tarball in a few minutes, once "make test" finishes,

//arry/