[Python-Dev] One more cherry-pick request for 3.4.0 that I'd like a little public debate on

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sat Feb 22 08:42:57 CET 2014

Victor has asked me to cherry-pick 180e4b678003:

    http://bugs.python.org/issue20320  (original issue)
    http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/180e4b678003/  (checkin into trunk)
    http://bugs.python.org/issue20646  (cherry-pick request)

This revision changes the rounding behavior of fractional-second
timeouts for select.select and select.kqueue.  I don't have enough
context to judge whether or not this is bad enough to warrant
cherry-picking, and the discussion on the issue didn't seem to come to a
firm consensus.

Can I get some opinions on this?

FWIW, I'm going to cut the next preview in a few minutes, and this won't
be in it, but I don't actually tag until most of a day from now.

//arry/